Road Trip 2016 to find America, New York to Memphis
Useful Books about Diving
Scuba Slang and Technical Term
Kudos & Brickbats
- techdiver mailing list, part of the Aquanaut site. Mailing list formed as a revolt against the uninformed debates of advanced diving in rec.scuba. Dedicated to technical diving, although it includes a lot of cavers.
Unfortunately in 1995 it was discovered by George M. Irvine III, who managed to be obnoxious, insulting, and egotistical in his first three posts.
George Irvine was even kicked out of TDI for his comments on techdiver about Rob Palmer's death.
This list certainly does not abide by RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines
Despite the high noise to signal ratio, it is a fantastic source of information, such as the recent Harness Rigging thread.
Randall C. Allen wrote some very useful
notes on using techdiver, and on using scuba-l.
- PADI Project AWARE
- EPA Office of Wetlands, Oceans, and Watersheds
- Kerry's Webpage
USACE New York District Web Site
NYC Sierra Club Ecological Restoration Committee Events
- Books on Marine Environment
- www.NitroxDiver.com New website for divers and instructors interested in diving with oxygen enriched air. By Joel Silverstein
- Andy Schmidt's Nitrox Planner
- Jim Cobb's Trimix page.Good source on the "black art" of mixed-gas diving.
- Rigging a Stage Bottle
- Books on Deep Diving
- Harness Rigging thread from techdiver.
WKPP - Woodville Karst Plain Project
Hogarthian Philosophy, Billy Williams
Hogarthian Gear Configuration, Jarrod Jablonski
Assembling a Hogarthian Doubles Rig, Todd Leonard
How to make a V/P-weight
Hogarthian Style --a better way to rig your scuba gear...
Beyond Hogarthian. Doing It Right, Part 1, Bill Mee
Beyond Hogarthian. Doing It Right, Part 2, by Dan Volker
- The "Doing It Right" video Monologue from the "Doing It Right" video.
- Gas Diving UK
- Mark's Nuggets
Mark Melendez's compendium of important information gleaned from Cavers and Techdiver archives.
- How To Dive from Jim Cobb's Trimix Site.
Diving Medicine Online, Ernest S Campbell, MD, FACS
- Decompression Sickness References
- Scuba Diving
Explained: Questions and Answers on Physiology and Medical Aspects of Scuba Diving
by Lawrence Martin, M.D.
- DAN If you are reading this, then you should be a DAN member!
- The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society. The major scientific society of hyperbaric medicine in the United States.
- Diving Diseases Research Centre, Plymouth, England. The leading hyperbaric treatment and research centre in Britain.
- Books on Diving Medicine
- Diving Physics and "Fizzyology", Richard Pyle
The Importance of Deep Safety Stops: Rethinking Ascent Patterns From Decompression Dives, Richard Pyle
- Wrolf's Bubble Theory
- Narcotic Properties of O2, a Techdiver thread
- Definition of Equivalent Narcotic Depth in Scuba Slang and Technical Term.
- Closed Circuit Rebreathers, Richard Pyle
- A Learner's Guide To Closed-Circuit Rebreather Operations, Richard Pyle
- The Rebreather Web Site
- Russki Schnuffski Diving Association of Switzerland
- Draeger Dive
- The Scuba Depot Online Catalog
- Mar-Vel Underwater Equipment America's Oldest Diving Supply Company - since 1946.
- McMaster-Carr Internet Catalog Great source for all the miscellaneous hardware.
- Dive Rite
- Diving Unlimited International Dry suits
- Force Fin
- Aqua Explorers
- Custom Divers - UK manufacturers of technical diving equipment.
- DeepTech Online the Internet extension of DeepTech Journal
- Wrolf's Bookwreck - Useful Books about Diving
- GUE. See review above.
- Dive Rescue International specializes in public safety diving.
Lost on Lake Huron, The Artwork of Ken Lalko
The Wall: Chronicle of a Scuba Trial, an on-line novel by Lawrence Martin, M.D.
- Jim Cobb's Trimix links
- Andy Schmidt's Links
- Rick's Links & More
- Baltic Sea Tech Divers
Scapa Flow Technical & John's Charters
Dive boat specializing in Scapa Flow. Also offers Nitrox and Trimix courses.
Don't miss the Project Britannic.
Richard Pyle's Page at the
Bishop Museum in Hawaii.
On Your Own: The Buddy System Rebutted, Bob Halstead
Nautilus Productions: Tape Sales Really great tape about Sand Tiger Sharks.
Mark Hulber's - SCUBA Diving Information
- Terry Ridgway PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Anthony DeBoer Ontario Scuba Diving, and a Link Forest.
Mixed Bag - New stuff that I am in the middle of checking for duplicates and adding.
The Wall: Chronicle of a Scuba Trial by Lawrence Martin, M.D. - an online work of fiction.
DeepTech Article: Tony Maffatone
New Jersey SCUBA Diving
TheScuba Depot Online Catalog
- SCUBA Diving Information
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org <Wrolf Courtney>