Useful Books about Diving
Scuba Slang and Technical Term
Kudos & Brickbats
- techdiver mailing list, part of the Aquanaut site. Mailing list formed as a revolt against the uninformed debates of advanced diving in rec.scuba. Dedicated to technical diving, although it includes a lot of cavers.
Unfortunately in 1995 it was discovered by George M. Irvine III, who managed to be obnoxious, insulting, and egotistical in his first three posts.
George Irvine was even kicked out of TDI for his comments on techdiver about Rob Palmer's death.
This list certainly does not abide by RFC 1855: Netiquette Guidelines
Despite the high noise to signal ratio, it is a fantastic source of information, such as the recent Harness Rigging thread.
Randall C. Allen wrote some very useful
notes on using techdiver, and on using scuba-l.
NYC Sierra Club Ecological Restoration Committee Events
- Books on Marine Environment
- www.NitroxDiver.com New website for divers and instructors interested in diving with oxygen enriched air. By Joel Silverstein
- Andy Schmidt's Nitrox Planner
- Books on Deep Diving
- Harness Rigging thread from techdiver.
WKPP - Woodville Karst Plain Project
Assembling a Hogarthian Doubles Rig, Todd Leonard
Hogarthian Style - a better way to rig your scuba gear...
Beyond Hogarthian. Doing It Right, Part 1, Bill Mee
Beyond Hogarthian. Doing It Right, Part 2, by Dan Volker
- The "Doing It Right" video Monologue from the "Doing It Right" video.
- Gas Diving UK
Diving Medicine Online, Ernest S Campbell, MD, FACS
- Decompression Sickness References
- DAN If you are reading this, then you should be a DAN member!
- The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society. The major scientific society of hyperbaric medicine in the United States.
- Diving Diseases Research Centre, Plymouth, England. The leading hyperbaric treatment and research centre in Britain.
- Books on Diving Medicine
- Wrolf's Bubble Theory
- Narcotic Properties of O2, a Techdiver thread
- Definition of Equivalent Narcotic Depth in Scuba Slang and Technical Term.
- The Rebreather Web Site
- Russki Schnuffski Diving Association of Switzerland
- McMaster-Carr Internet Catalog Great source for all the miscellaneous hardware.
- Force Fin
- Aqua Explorers
- Custom Divers - UK manufacturers of technical diving equipment.
- Wrolf's Bookwreck - Useful Books about Diving
- Dive Rescue International specializes in public safety diving.
The Wall: Chronicle of a Scuba Trial, an on-line novel by Lawrence Martin, M.D.
- Andy Schmidt's Links
- Rick's Links & More
Scapa Flow Technical & John's Charters
Dive boat specializing in Scapa Flow. Also offers Nitrox and Trimix courses.
Richard Pyle's Page at the
Bishop Museum in Hawaii.
Mark Hulber's - SCUBA Diving Information
- Terry Ridgway PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Anthony DeBoer Ontario Scuba Diving, and a Link Forest.
Mixed Bag - New stuff that I am in the middle of checking for duplicates and adding.
TheScuba Depot Online Catalog
- SCUBA Diving Information
E-mail me at email@example.com <Wrolf Courtney>